Colorado Springs’ City Council recently approved a new ordinance related to water usage.
The key changes impacting customers include:
1. Watering with sprinklers is limited to any three days of your choice per week.
- From May 1 to October 15, sprinklers can be operated before 10 a.m. and after 6 p.m. Sprinklers can be operated at any time of day before May 1 and after October 15.
- Allocation plans are available for customers who need more watering schedule flexibility. More information will be available April
- Drip irrigation, watering cans, and hose watering with a shut-off nozzle are allowed at any time.
2. Establishment permits are required for customers who need to temporarily water more than three days a week to establish new landscapes.
3. Broken or leaking sprinkler systems are required to be fixed within 10 days.
4. Water runoff from irrigation flowing across the ground, street or sidewalk is prohibited.
Visit this page for additional info and a suggested irrigation schedule.
We offer the following retrofits to help increase the efficiency of your irrigation system:
- Smart Irrigation Controllers
- Weather Sensors
- Flow Sensors
- High Efficiency, Matched Precipitation Nozzles
- Pressure Regulating Sprinkler Heads with Check Valves
We also help make sure that you receive rebates from Colorado Springs Utilities for your newly upgraded systems — learn more about your business and residential properties.
Interested in learning more about our irrigation services and receiving a free estimate on your property?